1. Sir Milton Margai, the first prime minister of sierra leonne.
2. Comer Cottrell, founder and president of Pro-Line Corporation (1970), the largest African American owned business in the Southwest and the first African American to be part owner of a major league baseball team (1989), the Texas Rangers.
3. Reginald F. Lewis was born on this day in Baltimore, Maryland. He received his law degree from Harvard Law School in 1968. He was a partner in Murphy, Thorpe & Lewis, the first Black law firm on Wall Street.
4. Jeffrey Wright, Actor, Shaft (w/Samuel L. Jackson)
5. Richard L. Brooks, an actor, singer, and director. He is best known for his role as Assistant District Attorney Paul Robinette during the first three seasons of the NBC TV drama Law & Order (and in three subsequent episodes).