1. In 1773, 238 Years ago Today, Jeanne Baptiste Pointe de Sable founded settlement now known as Chicago, Ill.
2. In 1791, 220 Years ago Today, Benjamin Banneker commissioned to lay out the District of Columbia.
3. In 1945, 66 Years ago Today, New York became the first state to established a Fair Employment Practices Commission.
4. In 1964, 47 Years ago Today, Malcolm X resigned from the Nation of Islam.
5. In 1977, 34 Years ago Today, The Gap Band a trio from Tulsa, OK makes their chart debut with “Out Of The Blue”, the first of over two dozen singles that the band placed on the charts.
6. In 1982, 29 Years ago Today, Charles Fuller wins the Pulitzer Prize for A Soldier’s Play