1. In 1833, Fourth national Black convention met in Philadelphia with sixty-two delegates from eight states. Abraham D. Shadd of Pennsylvania was elected president.
2. In 1884, Granville T. Woods Received Patent for Steam boiler furance
3. In 1919, Liberty Life Insurance Company (Chicago), the first old-line legal reserve company organized by Blacks in the North, incorporated.
4. In 1946, U.S. Supreme Court band segregation interstate bus travel (Irene Morgan v Commonwelth of Virtinia)
5. In 1949, Wesley A. Brown became the first Black graduate of Annapolis Naval Academy.
6. In 1968, Poor Peoples March on Washington