1. In 1865, Atlanta University was founded
2. In 1881, Booker T. Washington opens Tuskegee Institute in Alabama
3. In 1893, E. R. Robinson Received Patent for Electric Railway Trolley
4. In 1943, Actor and activist, Paul Robeson, portrays Othello for the 296th time at New York City’s Shubert Theater.
5. In 1947, Jackie Robinson is named 1947 (Rookie of the Year)
6. In 1956, 1st Intl conference of Black Writers & Artists meets (Paris)
7. In 1967, Nigeria begins offensive against Biafra
8. In 1986, (Captain EO) with Michael Jackson premieres
9. In 1989, First issue of Emerge magazine goes on sale.
10. In 1989, Gordon Parks’ film The Learning Tree is registered in the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress.